Sunday 25 November 2012

essay: a musical instrument I would like to be able to play but can’t.


Actually, there's a lot of instruments I wish I was able to play. But sadly I don't play any instruments.. yet .
I  think  I would like to play the guitar, but really, I'm not cut out for it.  Besides, I think a guitarist should be able to sing, and I just can't.
I wanted to play violin since I was tiny, but my daughter told me I'd never be good at any instrument because I have a learning difficultly.It's also a stress release.  I just think you should always practise and try even if other people tell you you cant.
You absolutely can't think of anything else while you're concentrating on keeping a rhythm. 


 There are many benefits that come from learning to play a musical instrument.
a. Learning to play an instrument has mental and physical benefits.
i. Recently, studies have been completed looking at the emotional benefits of music. Results have shown that taking music lessons has decreased the levels of anxiety, depression, and loneliness.
ii. Playing an instrument such as piano can increase coordination skills, according to the article “Benefits of piano lessons for a beginner.” On piano, your hands tend to operate individually of each other. Your right hand plays the melody which is on the sheet music as the treble clef, while your left hand is playing the bass clef which is usually a part that is like a beat.
iii. An experiment done by the Michigan State University Music Therapy department in 1996 and 1997 revealed that senior citizens taking music lessons had a 90% increase of Human Growth Hormone levels.
iv. This is significant because the level of hGH is usually decreasing as one gets older. The higher levels lead to more energy and decreases in the rate of illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment